This new Erewhon smoothie by Francesca, owner of Frankie's Bikinis, is the perfect kick-off to warmer weather and tropical days in the next upcoming months. It really puts you in that summer headspace, and it's so delicious. It almost reminds me of a dole whip or a mango pina colada. But you don't have to be in LA to try it. This recipe breaks it down from the glaze to the smoothie. Plus, it features lypospheric vitamin C, which I talked about in my previous wellness article since it is all the rage amongst the girls right now. So sip away and close your eyes and imagine a summery beach day in the cutest look.
- Start by making your glaze. Add all of the glaze ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, bring down to a simmer and keep stirring until the fruit is cooked down and soft, around 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add your glaze mixture into a blender and blend until smooth. Add more water if needed; this mixture should be thin.
- Pour your glaze mixture into a container and put it in the fridge to cool.
- Next, add all of the ingredients for the smoothie (except the coconut cream) into a blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- To assemble, start by adding 2 big dollops of your coconut cream to the bottom of a glass (if you don't have the coconut cream, you could also just use more of the coconut yogurt).
- Add about 1-2 tbsp of the tropical glaze on top of the coconut cream.
- Pour your smoothie into the cup until it is about 3/4 way full.
- Repeat steps 5-7 to finish filling your cup.
- Top with an extra tablespoon of coconut cream, a drizzle of your glaze, and a sprinkle of coconut flakes.