This cake will leave you feeling better than before you ate it, and that's always a must for me when I'm eating something. It features superfoods like chaga and lions mane to really elevate the benefits you are getting from this cake. Chaga is anti-inflammatory and high in antioxidants. It also boosts your immune system and stimulates collagen production. Lion's mane is amazing because supports brain health, improves your mood and focus, and helps with digestion. This cake also features collagen, which I know, not vegan but you can just skip this step if you want a completely vegan cake, but I just love collagen and adding it into everything I can. The main ingredient of this cake is dates, which I love because of how high in several nutrients, fiber, and antioxidants they are.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease your pan with coconut oil. I suggest using a springform pan for this recipe, but it isn't necessary. I used an 8-inch pan for a wider thinner cake.
- Chop your dates as small as possible then add to a saucepan along with your water. Bring to a boil and stir regularly.
- Once your date and water mixture has boiled and become more sauce-like, stir in baking soda and remove from heat.
- Transfer the date mixture to a bowl and whisk in your oat milk, stevia drops, maple syrup, and vanilla bean paste. Feel free to adjust the sweetness to your liking here.
- Add your almond flour, cinnamon, chaga, lion's mane, collagen, salt, and baking powder. Fold until everything is combined. If your cake is too liquidy, add more almond flour, and if it's too thick add more oat milk.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. It won't be completely solid and that's okay.
- Let the cake sit for 20 minutes to cool down and solidify a bit. The longer it sits out the more solid your cake will get.
- Remove from your pan, or if using a springform pan just remove the sides. Top with coconut flakes (I also tried topping it with cacao nibs for a crunch and I loved it).
- Take a bit and enjoy your healthy, skin and brain-boosting cake!